What is Physical Therapy?
Physical Therapy is a dynamic profession with an established theoretical and scientific base, and widespread clinical applications in the restoration, maintenance, and promotion of optimal physical function. For more than 750,000 people every day in the United States, physical therapists:
- Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities.
- Restore, maintain, and promote not only optimal physical function but optimal wellness, fitness, and optimal quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
- Prevent the onset, symptoms, and progression of impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities that may result from diseases, disorders, conditions, or injuries. The terms “physical therapy” and “physiotherapy,” and the terms “physical therapist” and “physiotherapist,” are synonomous.
Do I need to see a physician prior to my first consultation with Fast Track Physical Therapy?
No. The State of Massachusetts is a direct access state. While we work closely with physicians, you can consult us at any phase of your treatment program.
What do I need to bring to my physical therapy appointment?
- Health insurance card (and Vehicle insurance info if involved in a motor vehicle accident.)
- Prescription from your physician
- Depending on the diagnosis, you may want to wear loose fitting clothes or bring shorts and a t-shirt.
Do I have a co-pay at the time of service?
This will depend on the type of insurance you carry. We should be able to tell you by the end of your first appointment.
What should I expect on my first visit?
You will be asked to provide the history of your pain or mobility issue. You will consult with a physical therapist who will issue a diagnosis and prescribed course of treatment to help you reduce pain and regain function. Your treatment will be custom designed for your optimal recovery.
How long is each physical therapy appointment?
Most appointments will last 45 to 60 minutes.
How often do I have to come to physical therapy?
The physical therapist will be able to tell you after your first appointment.
What are your hours?
9:00AM - 7:00PM Monday through Thursday, 9:00AM - 6:00PM Friday and by appointment on Saturday
What insurance policies do you accept?
Fast Track Physical Therapy Clinics are in-network providers for ALL major managed health care plans. Should you have any questions regarding a specific plan, please call the clinic for further information.